Concept behind "A Model Railway Man," a short story by Alain Gomez



The most difficult part in the creation process of this story was classifying it after I was done.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I went to upload it on PubIt and Amazon and they want you to add neat little labels to it.  I'm like, I have no idea what I what this story falls under.  Science fiction maybe?  What is science fiction?  Anything with unusual going-ons?  General fiction is too broad.  I want to attract readers that like weird endings.

Amazon and PubIt should have a sample link you could click on.  Your work would qualify as a space opera if it includes elements X,Y and Z.  Or suggestions on how to classify works in a manner that would appeal to your target audience.

Perhaps I am thinking about this way too much.  That was always where I got into trouble on multiple choice tests.  All the answers could be right!  But I think this is actually a legitimate concern for authors.  Plus, it would be to Amazon and B&N's advantage to help indie authors target the best audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of "Ferryman" by Nigel Edwards

Review of "Abomination," short story by R.J. Creaney

Interview with Author Hugh Howey