Review of "Rogue Hunter: Gaia #3: Legacy" by Kevis Hendrikson

Summary:
THE FINAL SHOWDOWN! Intergalactic bounty hunter Zyra Zanr engages the ruthless criminal Molly Black in a battle to the death, knowing that if she fails to seize control of the powerful Gaia, an unspeakable wave of terror and destruction will be unleashed on the galaxy. Book 3 of 3.


Review:
**This review may contain spoilers**
So we finally come to part 3 of 3 in this short story trilogy.  Stylistically, everything remains status quo.  So if you've liked how the other two stories flowed up until this point, the third fulfills expectations.

I have to say that I am slightly disappointed with how this trilogy ended.  There were several intriguing mysteries introduced that the author just simply chose not to answer.  For example, the origins and powers of "gaia" are glanced over.  I would try and explain what "gaia" is for the sake of clarity in this review, but that word is literally all I know about it by the end of the series.  I have no idea if it's a person, place or thing.  If you're calling a series Gaia 1, 2 and 3, this seems like a major point that should have been touched on.

There are other gaping plot holes I could go on about but suffice to say that I felt the ending to be somewhat unsatisfactory.  All of the things that really kept me interested in this series were left unanswered and dangling. I think the concept of making a series of short stories that read like a comic book is a good one.  However, even comic books have to have some sense of resolution.

2.5/5 stars
Reviewed by Alain Gomez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Hundred Eyes

Review of "Ferryman" by Nigel Edwards

Interview with Author Hugh Howey