How Do I Market to a Young Adult Audience?

This has been a problem I've really been mulling over for several weeks now.  I write a serial sci-fi blog that could be enjoyed by anyone but is aimed at a young adult audience.  The problem is figuring out how to get that audience to notice.

From an SEO standpoint the blog is slowly gaining traffic but not as fast as some of the others I've started.  When you write about "short stories" and "kindles," Google is quick to pick up on that stuff.  When the blog consists mostly of sci-fi terms... different story.

I've tried emailing/calling middle school teachers with not much luck.  Schools are really particular these days about who they invite as a guest lecturer.  I suppose I should try using my teacher contacts?

I have a twitter account for the blog which does help to generate some hits.  I make a point of following my target reader types regularly.

But still.

I guess I'm just going to have to let age help this one?  I mean, it's not like I have Amazon to help me along here.  Anyone else been in a similar situation with a really targeted audience?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Hundred Eyes

Review of "Ferryman" by Nigel Edwards

Interview with Author Hugh Howey