Short story sales stats Kathleen Valentine

Your past short story writing history- I've been writing short stories for over ten years. I've had a number of short stories published in anthologies including three in Level Best Books' Crime Stories By New England Writers (Volumes 2, 4 &5). I've also published short "romatica" stories in e-collections by Ravenous Romance.

Date you electronically published your first story: I published my first collection of short stories, My Last Romance & other passions in paperback in 2006 and in e-format in 2009.

Amount of effort you put into advertising your short stories- medium - I list them on my web site and blog and have them listed on Goodreads and other author sites but that's about all


Genre(s)- crime/horror and romantic/love stories

The average length your individual short stories tend to be- they vary from 1500 words to 15,000 words.



Amazon sales data - From February thru the present I've had 2 short story collections (8 stories in each) and 1 stand-alone. In July I added a second stand-alone (The Crazy Old Lady In The Attic)
Feb. -11
Mar. - 9
Apr. - 4
May - 14
June - 6
July - 130
Aug. - 53


The big surge in sales is due to The Crazy Old Lady In The Attic which has been doing very well.

B&N sales data 
        I currently do not offer them in e-format on B&N


Comments

  1. This series of blog posts is brilliant! Thanks for doing this. Can I quote you on some of these data points? I will credit and link to you, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I don't mind. If you click on the short story sales stats tag you can see all of the posts in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My August sales have really picked up in the last few days -- as of right now I've sold 157.

    Thanks, Alain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll just pretend that my blog is really that cool and take all the credit for your pickup in sales =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Hundred Eyes

Review of "Ferryman" by Nigel Edwards

Review of "The Truth about Rebecca," a short story by E.M. Youman