Short story sales stats for Isaac Sweeney

Your past short story writing history-
I began writing short stories as a kid and really worked on it in college. For my grad-school thesis, I wrote a short story collection. Some of those stories are in Evolvement, my chapbook-length story collection.

Date you electronically published your first story-
Dec. 31, 2010

Amount of effort you put into advertising your short stories-
I put in a fair amount of effort for the first few weeks. I didn't spend any money on advertising except for one KB Book of the Day ad that will appear next month. I did other things, like press releases, blogs, tweets, etc. Now, I don't do much and I kind of just let it happen.

Genre(s)- literary


The average length your individual short stories tend to be-
2,000 words

Amazon sales data
February=1 standalone (0 sales) and 2 mini-collections (4 sales)
March=1 standalone (0 sales) and 2 mini-collections (1 sale)
April=1 standalone (0 sales) and 2 mini-collections (2 sales)
May=1 standalone that went free this month (3992 sales) and 2 mini-collections (5 sales)
June=1 standalone, still free (1284 sales), 2 mini-collections (0 sales), and 1 medium-sized collection - 15,000 words (1 sale)
July=1 free standalone (977 sales), 2 mini-collections (0 sales), and 1 medium-sized collection (3 sales)
As a side note, I have a nonfiction essay collection about adjunct labor in higher ed that outsells my fiction as of now at Amazon. 

Smashwords and its affiliates, including BN-
These numbers do not include coupons or promotions. Keep in mind that slaes results come back slowly from Smashwords affiliates and I don't have all the numbers yet for June or July. Also, March had "read and ebook week" and July was ebook month, so I gave away a lot of my ebooks for free. Those numbers aren't in here, except for the 1 standalone.

1 standalone has always been free at Smashwords and its affiliates: 3727
February=2 mini-collections (2 sales)
March=2 mini-collections (1 sale)
April=2 mini-collections (2 sales)
May-2 mini-collections (1 sale)
June=2 mini-collections (1 sale, all affiliate numbers not in) and 1 medium-sized collection (0 sales, all affiliate numbers not in)
July=2 mini-collections (0 sales, given away free at smashwords.com, all affilliate numbers not in) and 1 medium-sized collection (0 sales, given away free at smashwords.com, all affiliate numbers not in)


Check out Isaac's work here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Hundred Eyes

Review of "Ferryman" by Nigel Edwards

Review of "The Truth about Rebecca," a short story by E.M. Youman