Concept behind "Celebrity Space," a short story by Alain Gomez



Celebrity Space is one of my more recent short stories.  It is my fledgling attempt to experiment with sci-fi.  I've been a Star Wars/Star Trek fan since I was a wee thing.  So I've always thought it would be incredibly cool to author some epic intergalactic adventure.  But those are surprisingly difficult to write!  

In my first attempt to write a sci-fi story, I went all out.  I tried to create lingo, terms, alien species names, planets... the works.  This quickly becomes an exhausting task.  After embracing the fact that Rome was not going to be built in a day, I backtracked a little.  I decided to start slow and create a story that was in the not too distant future.  So I could still have most of today's terms but futuristic concepts.

I really liked the way Celebrity Space turned out.  It has a kind of fun Twilight Zone feel to it.  I'm working right now on turning it into a mini series.  I'm writing at least two more stories that will all revolve around Moonwalk Space Hotel (introduced in this story).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Hundred Eyes

Review of "Ferryman" by Nigel Edwards

Interview with Author Hugh Howey