Review of "Leo's Wife" by Patricia Sierra, a single story in the collection "Twists and Turns"

Summary:
A collection of nine short stories resulting from the "Red Adept Reviews Twists Contest."

“Leo’s Wife” by Patrica Sierra: A bigamist’s wife is confronted after his death.

Review:
I very much enjoyed this story.  It was short and charming.  I admit that after I read the summary (see above), I went into it somewhat cynically.  I thought the author had already given away the twist!  Not so.  The ending genuinely made me chuckle.

"Leo's Wife" definitely adds its own special something to the "Twists and Turns" collection.  I would very much be interested in a short story collection entirely written by Sierra.

4/5 stars
Reviewed by Alain Gomez

Buy this collection on Amazon US

Comments

  1. My favorite from the collection, though I figured out what was happening quite early on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that to be the case for many of the stories in this collection. However, they are still really well-crafted and enjoyable stories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Hundred Eyes

Review of "Ferryman" by Nigel Edwards

Review of "The Truth about Rebecca," a short story by E.M. Youman